Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Delicious Food that Happens to be Gluten Free - GF Penne Alfredo

After what seems like a long break, I finally got myself together and made my family a real dinner tonight. Hooray for real dinner! Granted, it was a super duper easy dinner, but whatever. I made it and we were fed.

First off, my mom found me this amazing pasta at the Costco in St. George. It's good. Like, really actually very good. I can't find it anywhere here, which is sad. It seems as though southern Utah is some sort of GF mecca and that you can find all sorts of things down there that you can't up here. It just ain't right. It was around $7 for 6 pounds of pasta (3 bags of fusili and 3 bags of penne) and she bought me, like 5 boxes of it. I will be eating pasta salad this summer!


Thank you much, Sam Mills. The Corn Master, you are.

So tonight, I cooked me up a bag of this shtuff, only the penne kind. It cooks up just like normal pasta. While it was cooking, I grilled up a couple of chicken breasts seasoned with garlic salt and pepper and then I sliced them up all nice.

Yesterday, I bought me some alfredo sauce from my Costco (which does not carry my new favorite pasta) and today, I scooped some into a sauce pan to warm it up. I also generally keep a jar of their ready made pesto in the fridge because my husband's life isn't really complete unless he has pesto available to him at any given moment in time. Who can blame him? I mean, we're talking about pesto!

So anyway, I always add a little pesto my alfredo sauce - because it makes it more better - and when it was warm, I poured it over my GF pasta, tossed in my grilled chicken, grated a little fresh asiago cheese that I was lucky enough to have in my fridge and served it with sauteed broccoli and zucchini.


So fast, so easy, so good, so great for summer.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever been to Sunflower Market? They have one in Murray and one downtown. This week (ending on the 11th) they have 20% off most of their gluten free items. I'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have any leftovers? I've heard the corn pasta doesn't reheat well and falls apart. How did this work out?

    ReplyDelete